ASC Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
This unit requires the ability to:
- Read and correctly interpret required documentation relevant to the entry
- Speak clearly and unambiguously in English
- Explain, describe and verify sometimes complex needs and issues
- Understand the permit requirements
- Writing is required to the level of completing workplace forms and producing any required reports
- Numeracy is required to the level of being able to correctly differentiate between high and low pressures and temperatures, voltages or masses and interpret gas test/monitoring results
Specific knowledge is required to achieve the Performance Criteria of this unit; this includes knowledge of the following:
- Access and interpret information relevant to specific tasks (eg labels, MSDSs HAZCHEM signs)
- Access and apply hazard controls
- Identify changes to conditions which may lead to the permit being revoked before the job is completed
- Describe and/or explain hazards associated with tasks covered by the permit, types of tests required for the issue of work permits - the types of tests to include, atmospheric/oxygen/ breathability, flammability/explosivity, toxicity/TWA, temperature, humidity
- Interpret and respond to gas test/monitoring results/information
- Identify a change in work conditions, possible new hazards and so the required hazard controls and obtain revalidation of permit
- Implement hazard controls
Unit of Competency
RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
Students learning outcomes will be assessed using practical activities designed to simulate a workplace and written or oral questions as appropriate.
Classroom theory via PowerPoint presentations, including audio-visual material and practical activities that simulate a workplace.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.
There are no dates currently scheduled for this programme. You can request a business booking or send us a message with the form below to get more information or details on alternate courses.