Licence to Operate a Boom-Type Elevating Work Platform (Boom Length 11 Metres or more) - WA Only
2 Days (Minimum numbers apply for training to take place)
Language, literacy and numeracy are required to complete calculations in the workplace and complete workplace documentation.
- Accurately record and maintain information relating to elevating work platform operations
- Assess ground conditions to confirm that the site is suitable (e.g. firm, level and safe) to extend and travel the elevating work platform
- Complete the positioning, stabilising, set up of elevating work platforms, including the use of outriggers/stabilisers and packing
- Operate mobile elevating work platform using best mobile practice
- Use communication skills at a level sufficient to communicate with other site personnel
- Operate and control an elevating work platform including all functions to their maximum extension within the safe working (rated) capacity
- Apply risk assessment and hazard control strategies, including hierarchy of control as applied to the positioning and safe operation of the elevating work platform (particular awareness of the risks associated with overhead powerlines/electrical cables, ground conditions, wind, pedestrians and tipping)
Unit of Competency
TLILIC2005A Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more)
The course assessment is based on the requirements of the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
Students will be assessed on practical activities and a written assessment.
This course is delivered at Blackwoods training centres nationally and customer sites via PowerPoint presentations, audio-visual material, individual and group activities and practical applications which simulate real working environments.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.
Please select your course date.