Diploma of Work Health and Safety
12 Months from course commencement
Participants must hold a Qualification/ Statement of Attainment with the 5 core units from the Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety BSB41415 or equivalent, being:
- BSBWHS402 - Assist with compliance with WHS law
- BSBWHS403 - Contribute to the implementation and maintenance of a WHS consultation and participation process
- BSBWHS404 - Contribute to the WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control activities
- BSBWHS405 - Contribute to the implementation and maintenance of a WHS management system
- BSBWHS406 - Assist with responding to incidents
Language and Literacy requirements for the course are:
- Writing is required to the level of completing written assessments.
- Reading is required to enable the determination of information through the student manual.
The Diploma of Work Health and Safety provides participants with the knowledge and skills to:
- Recognise, evaluate and manage health and safety hazards in the workplace.
- Administer various work health and safety functions, planning and policy and process development in the workplace.
- Communicate effectively with personnel at all levels of the organisation.
- Develop actions, interventions and measures to prevent re-occurrences of incidents.
- Achieve change in WHS matters.
- Gather and analyse relevant WHS information and data.
- Contribute to the implementation, review and improvement of the WHS plan and WHS management system.
This course is delivered by Blackwoods Training’s related company NSCA.
Units of Competency
BSBWHS410 Contribute to work-related health and safety measures and initiatives
BSBWHS510 Contribute to implementing emergency procedures
BSBWHS505 Investigate WHS incidents
BSBHRM509 Manage rehabilitation or return to work programs
BSBWHS502 Manage effective WHS consultation and participation processes
BSBWHS503 Contribute to the systematic management of WHS risk
BSBWHS504 Manage WHS risks
BSBWHS507 Contribute to managing WHS information systems
Assessment activities include a combination of knowledge questions, scenarios and workplace projects. All assessment is uploaded to our student portal. Upon successful completion of the qualification requirements, participants will be awarded the Diploma of Work Health and Safety BSB51315.
Face to Face Interactive Learning Face to Face interactive learning requires participants to attend five (5) days of face to face training workshops delivered at a public training facility utilising theory and practical activities. Delivery will include instructor led presentations / scenarios.
Self-paced Distance LearningThe Self paced Distance delivery method is completed independently. All materials are downloaded online and then completed at your own pace, with a maximum of 12-months. Trainer support is available via phone and email.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.
There are no dates currently scheduled for this programme. You can request a business booking or send us a message with the form below to get more information or details on alternate courses.