Licence to Perform Dogging
5 Days (Minimum numbers apply for training to take place)
The License to Perform Dogging course is designed for students required to undertake the application of slinging techniques to move a load (including the selection and pre and post inspection of lifting equipment) and/or the directing of a crane/hoist operator in the movement of a load when the load is out of the view of the crane/hoist operator.
Language, literacy and numeracy are required to complete calculations in the workplace and complete workplace documentation.
This course gives both theory and practical instruction on the application of slinging and Dogging methods in order to achieve your national Dogging competency. It includes risk assessment, pre and post use inspection of equipment, job step planning (JSA/SWMS) and practical application of lifting methods as per Australian Standards, Worksafe, OH&S and other statutory requirements.
- Communication techniques in the workplace including whistles, hand signals and use of fixed channel two-way radios
- Communication skills at a level sufficient to communicate with other site personnel
- Calculate rated capacity of lifting equipment
- Apply different methods for making temporary connections to loads using fibre and synthetic ropes
- Ability to interpret rated capacity and working load limit tags
- Hazard identification and control
- Slinging techniques
- Selection and inspection of lifting equipment
- Directing crane operators in the moving of loads in a safe manner, using a slewing crane
- Inspection and care of a wide range of lifting equipment to appropriate Australian Standards and/or manufacturer's specifications.
Unit of Competency
CPCCLDG3001A Licence to perform dogging
The course assessment is based on the requirements of the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
Students will be assessed on practical activities and a written assessment
This course is delivered at Blackwoods training centres nationally and customer sites via PowerPoint presentations, audio-visual material, individual and group activities and practical applications which simulate real working environments.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.
Please select your course date.
|Mon 26 Mar to Fri 30 Mar 2018 - 8:30am to 4:30pm||Geraldton||$979.00||Register|
|Tue 5 Jun to Sat 9 Jun 2018 - 8:30am to 4:30pm||Geraldton||$979.00||Register|